China Country Head of Procurement, Metso, china
Metso is a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries, including mining, construction, pulp and paper, power, and oil and gas. Our 30,000 professionals based in over 50 countries deliver sustainability and profitability to customers worldwide. Expect results. www.metso.com China Country Head of Procurement
|Reporting segment:||Mining and Construction|
|Job description:||• Is responsible for creating and maintaining Procurement and logistics activities in country level. This includes strategic sourcing activities for factories, projects and services as well as logistics for both export and local internal customers. In the future also operational purchasing people will report to this position in some issues like process harmonization and new supplier implementation support. Certain operational procurement is already under the organization directly, with others in a transition mode. Oversight for all operational procurement is still essential.
• Is responsible for managing, developing and promoting the sourcing center and it supplier base into a trusted, high performing, customer service oriented and sustainable supply chain structure within our company according to strategies and projects validated by the global MAC Procurement team organization.
• Is responsible for running the operation according to a budget that would be agreed on annual basis.
• Is responsible for harmonizing and standardizing the procurement processes in the country level.
• Is responsible of the strict application and respect of the company compliance policy and ethics principle and policies within its organization and supplier base.
• Is responsible for supporting, implementing and maintaining a 100% contractual coverage of our supplier base.
• Is responsible for the supplier base overall quality and delivery performance.
• Is responsible for the overall cost evolution of the products sourced in China and is responsible of the creation, proposal and implementation of cost reduction plan and initiatives over China area once validated by the MAC Procurement team.
• Is direct leader for strategic level category management, project procurement, supplier development, quality and logistics persons (currently about 35 persons). Management skills are essential.
• Is directly involved within the management and development of specific projects.
• Interfaces directly with the MAC global procurement, quality, logistics, project management and product management teams.
• Engineering degree from a leading University
• Post graduate studies in procurement preferred.
• Qualification or experience in supplier quality management and development.
• Minimum 15-20 years of experience in mainland China, working for a western procurement industrial organization with a minimumof10 years in a managing role with proven supervisory and organisational skills.
• Western approach to business processes
• Work experience in Construction/Mining equipment industry or equivalent heavy industrial environment considered as an asset.
• Ability to cope with sustained pressure
• Very collaborative liaison with Quality, Factories, Project management, Finance, HR, IT and Engineering is of extremely important requirement.
• Extensive travel throughout China will be required as well as to overseas Procurement meetings.
• Some professional and university experience abroad would be considered an asset.
• Language skills: Proficiency in Chinese and fluent English
• PC skills: Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and ERP-usage.