Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for three Design Engineers at ABB Oy, Motors & Generators business line in Helsinki. In this position you will be responsible for electrical design of large AC motors and generators, including electromagnetic dimensioning and thermal calculations.
- Documenting the electrical design for sales, customers, production, test field and procurement.
- Analysing test results.
- Supporting sales and other ABB Global Support Teams.
- Order engineering.
- Generating development proposals on calculation programs.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. in electrical engineering.
- Theoretical knowledge of electrical machines and capability to apply theoretical knowledge to practical work.
- Ability to work in teams, interest for support work and desire to learn new things.
- Analytical approach in problem-solving.
- Commitment in completing tasks, keeping schedules and communicating results.
- Good command of oral and written English. Finnish and other language skills are seen as an advantage.
- Knowlegde of MS Office.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of dimensioning of electrical machines and calculation.
- Knowledge of measuring technology, power electronics, thermodynamics and insulation technology are considered as a benefit.
- Ideally, you have a few years of work experience in electrical design or engineering.
- Experience in production, product management, and project management are beneficial.
- Knowledge of analytical and numerical tools, ADEPT, numerical program (Matlab, Simulink) and electrical FEM (Flux, FCSMEK) are an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
In Finland, ABB has about 5400 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
- A challenging and exiting work in growing markets of power generation and motor business.
- Insight to latest development of electrical machines, Drives, power generation products and systems.
- Excellent professional development possibilities by completing more challenging task as electrical designer and participating in various ABB trainings.
- Excellent career development possibilities in ABB BL Motors and Generators global locations.
|Yhteystiedot||If you have questions, please contact Team Leader Pekka Mannila, tel. +358 50 3325 542.|
|Työpaikan osoite||Strömbergintie 1, 00380 HELSINKI|
|Työ alkaa||As soon as possible|
|Työn kesto||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI71738530 by October 27, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle. |
We will contact suitable candidates already before application deadline.