Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Developer at ABB Oy, System Drives Division in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki. We offer a team spirited working environment as well as challenging and varying work assignments in a global environment. Our organization is strongly committed to agile working methods and development and planning is done in Scrum teams. Continuous integration, automated testing and modern development tools are key elements of our daily work.
You will have the opportunity for personal development in the form of trainings and daily collaboration with other experts. Our global environment offers future career possibilities for example in the roles of Software Architect, Scrum Master or Product Owner. In this role you will report to software team Design Manager & Product Owner.
- Embedded software development for frequency converters, including new feature development, optimization and refactoring, internal and external customer support and developing build and testing environments
- Refining customer needs together with software team and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with other teams that are developing software and hardware for frequency converters
- Quality assurance in all phases of development work
- Master or Bachelor of Science in software engineering, automation or electronics
- Shown experience in C and C++ programming in embedded environment
- Knowledge of power electronics and/or control engineering
- Experience of embedded real-time systems
- Knowledge of modern software development tools and practices
- The willingness to understand customer needs and applications where our end product are used
- Quality oriented approach to work
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Experience of Python, GIT, Microsoft TFS, Jenkins and static code analysis are an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of Scrum is an advantage
More about us:
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
In Finland, ABB has about 5000 employees, making it one of the biggest industrial employers in the country. ABB Finland serves its customers in over 20 locations and has production sites in Helsinki, Vaasa, Porvoo and Hamina. As a global company, we're also able to offer international job opportunities.
For more info, see below what it means to be part of our software community in ABB Drives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJr7mTJ7KA&feature=youtu.be
|Yhteystiedot||If you have questions, please contact Design Manager Janne Korhonen, tel. +358 50 332 4002.|
|Työpaikan osoite||Hiomotie 13, 00380 HELSINKI|
|Työ alkaa||As soon as possible|
|Työn kesto||yli 12 kuukautta|