Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Global Product Specialist, Charging Systems at ABB Marine & Ports business line, located in Rotterdam or Zwolle/Dalfsen in the Netherlands or Genoa or Milan in Italy. The charging systems portfolio includes a wide range of solutions from low power eV chargers to fully automatic medium voltage chargers for various vessel types. We offer you an interesting and challenging role in an international and dynamic working environment in the marine industry, which is rapidly changing for more sustainable solutions. In this role, you have the opportunity to become an expert in energy storage related charging systems, as well as the opportunity to develop your career in a global company.
- Building a roadmap and product portfolio for vessel charging systems.
- Managing the development and taking ownership of relevant products and solutions.
- Mapping shore charging system requirements for different vessel types and operations.
- Creating shore charging system designs to internal stakeholders, including functional design, operation and safety.
- Building up the delivery capability (incl. suppliers and partners).
- Determining qualification agreements for component suppliers together with SCM.
- Building and developing relationships with key customers and stakeholders.
- Living ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical or mechanical engineering. Alternatively, relevant experience can be considered.
- A few years of work experience related to battery systems, electrical power systems or cranes.
- Experience in product management tasks.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Business and customer orientation.
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent English skills. Dutch and Italian language skills are considered an advantage.
- Willingness to travel around 75 days globally per year.
- Ideally, you have prior knowledge of battery systems and their charging connection to land grid.
- Experience working in an international environment and specific local requirements is an advantage.
More about us:
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution - creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let's write the future, together.
|Yhteystiedot||If you have questions, please contact Marcus Martelin, tel. +358 50 332 3940 or email marcus.martelin(a)fi.abb.com.|
|Työpaikan osoite||, Alankomaat|
|Työ alkaa||As soon as possible|
|Työn kesto||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Jätä hakemus||Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68979690 by April 12, 2020 at www.abb.fi/uralle.|