We are currently looking for an Electrical & Automation Chief Project Engineer for our client in Hamburg, Germany. Start of the project is in middle of August or early September and estimated duration is 6-12 months.
Chief Project Engineer is responsible for the whole Electrical & Automation discipline or a defined part of the scope in project execution towards the Project Manager for the project, who is responsible for the whole project including all disciplines (Mechanical & Process, Electrical & Automation and Civil parts).
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Accountable for technical solutions, supervision of ordered services, purchasing, quality, contract / requirement compliance, customer satisfaction, schedules and budget of duties assigned to him/her
- Accountable for performing the project work in compliance with Company Project Management Methodology and Business Directives
- Accountable for reporting periodically status of his/her responsibility area to his/her superior
- Safeguard that works under own responsibility area are executed according to contract / requirements, specifications, instructions and policies
- Plan the works with the total costs, schedule and customer needs in focus
- Manage project activities according to contract / requirements together with external vendors and internal team members
- Act as a representative of the company
- Participate in customer / stakeholder negotiations when needed and maintain good customer / stakeholder relationships
- To follow-up and report quality, use of resources, costs, schedule and scope of the responsibility area
- Identify, mitigate, monitor and report risks in own responsibility area
- To give and collect feedback regarding technical solutions and complaints
- Provide lessons learned initiatives for developing issues in own responsibility area
- Specify and initiate purchase and design activities within own responsibility area
- Participate in negotiations with internal and external stakeholders
- Approve and release project deliverables of own responsibility area to the customers/stakeholders
- B.Sc. Technical / M.Sc. Technical in Electrical or Automation engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience of Electrical & Automation project engineering
- Technical skills in Electrical & Automation engineering
- Being self-going, having team working skills, motivation to learn and grow professionally and willingness to travel as well as ability to understand and work with diverse cultures
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Cost awareness & effective attitude
- Good teamworking skills
- Knowledge of Medium voltage system, Low voltages systems, DC systems, Protection relays considered as a benefit
- Knowledge of PLCs, SCADA and HMI considered as a benefit
- Knowledge of power generation and power grids is seen as an advantage considered as a benefit
- Fluent German and English language skills
By applying you will create your own job seeker profile and you will be a part of our candidate network. We will be able to offer you suitable job opportunities also in the future.
Please note that due to our client's urgent need only applicants with a valid working permit / EU-citizenship can be considered.
Please send us your CV in English. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Enersense is an operator for experts and workforce in the field of industry. We employ about 1 000 people a year. Enersense was founded in 2005 and our experience already covers a total of 39 countries, 62 different nationalities and 562 different job functions. Our mission is to connect skilled professionals to challenging jobs in our customer companies in Finland and worldwide. Our customers focus on many different industries, such as energy, construction and manufacturing.
As an Enersense employee, you will be provided with comprehensive occupational health care and seasonally changing benefits with our partners. We support and assist you throughout your employment, including in various logistical matters. We want you to be successful and have the possibility to develop yourself on your career path. If you wish to get a boost for your career, submit your application already today.