NICO is specialized in ICT sector recruitments and staffing services. We are continuously searching for experienced ICT professionals for our customers. NICO, Nice-business Consulting Oy, is a part of the Fujitsu Corporation. For more information, please visit http://nico.fi/
VR Group is a diversified, environmentally friendly and responsible service company operating in the field of travel, logistics and maintenance. VR Group is owned entirely by the Finnish state. The group primarily operates in Finland, but it also has operations abroad, especially in Russia. Our Group employs 6,000 professionals, with annual net sales of approximately one billion euros. The purpose of our operations is to transport people and freight using customer-oriented solutions that are smooth, safe and environmentally friendly.
Nico is looking for
to permanent job at VR digital development organization.
You will work directly with other members in VR Digital Crew and passenger services business division. VR's sales funnel is mostly digital and travel services are face-to-face, so VR offers a great set of multi-layered challenges to work with and possibilities to grow professionally. VR have skilled personnel to work with in creating new digital opportunities for the business. You also get to work with skilled design team, our growth team and our data analytics team to gain insight on building more customer-oriented services. In your team, you have the freedom to together select tools best fit for your use.
We are looking for a senior software developer who is motivated by working on software that has a measurable impact on business and travel inside Finland. In your position you would be working closely with our online store vr.fi that is one of the largest consumer online stores in Finland.
We expect you to
- have experience in building web services and familiarity with both front-end and back-end development.
- have a senior expertise level of 4+ years of applicable expertise. Your focus is on full-stack web development and you have expertise in working as a scrum master or lead developer for a consumer-facing product team.
- be able to present a portfolio or your recent work relevant to this position.
- have willingness to grow professionally inside a dynamic and forward-looking team, building customer-facing products and services.
- understand end-user needs and be able to look at technical problem solving through that lens.
- understand and drive the relationship between code quality and cost efficiency.
- speak and write fluent professional level English.
You will stand out if you
- know Gatsby, GraphQL, AWS, Docker, Fargate and/or Cucumber, WebdriverIO and Browserstack.
- understand the entire web development process, incl. design, development, deployment and operations, and display references of such projects in your application.
- have an AWS Solution Architect Associate level certificate or equivalent skills.
- know microservice architectures.
- are comfortable working with a variety of programming languages and technology stacks or are interested to jump in and learn new skills.
- have past experience in building e-commerce apps.
- think analytically, and are a proactive problem solver.
- are business-minded and driven to help our business grow with code.
- understand and talk business with design and business owners.
- have worked in development related accessibility requirements.
VR offers you a competitive salary with attractive benefits including free travelling in VR operated trains. Other benefits are phone and lunch benefits as well health care services. Your free time is supported by annual sport&culture vouchers.
Professional development is taken care by working together every day with the best people from business, design and ICT domains to realize VR digital vision and related development themes. Alongside of learning by doing, you will have an opportunity for trainings and other competence development and networking activities.
Please send your application as soon as possible, screening and interviewing will start immediately when suitable candidates have been identified. For more details please contact Nico's recruitment consultant Juha Hyvärinen, firstname.lastname@example.org
, +358 50 5922164