L2/L3 Firmware Engineer
Altair Semiconductor has been operating in Oulu since beginning of the year. Up to this point, the core team has been built with great success and now there are few positions left to be fulfilled. We are now looking for the right SW professional to strengthen their team. Interested? For more information, see the job description below!
Are you the one who is planning to spice up your work days and career? We are searching for Modem L2/L3 Firmware Engineer who has got experience working with LTE-networks and IoT-software.
Altair is an 11-year-old company focusing on developing LTE technology for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. They develop semiconductors (RF, BB), software stacks, reference designs and complete solutions for their customers, the device makers. Their cutting edge technology positions them as world leaders in their space.
Altair operates mainly in advanced markets like US, Japan and Korea. Their company has 250 employees, out of which 200 are engineers.
In 2016, Altair was acquired by Sony Corporation and they are now 100% subsidiary of their mother company. The acquisition provides Altair strong back and ability to leverage the technologies that exist within Sony. Nevertheless, they keep their agile culture and keep operating as a young, dynamic and energetic company.
Altair/Sony has R&D site in Oulu (main R&D center is in Israel) to develop core LTE IoT technology. By 'core technology' we refer mainly to modem part (DSP, L1), but also to protocol stack, system integration, RF integration, IODT etc.
What is this position about?
As a L2/L3 firmware engineer you will be responsible for developing and integration of the firmware layers running above the modem in a Cellular IoT product. This firmware, referred to as LTE Protocol Stack, consists of multiple layers, implementing the LTE communication protocols. The firmware is written in C, running on RISC in an RTOS environment. The term 'Stack' herein below typically refers to Data and Control planes, but the team is also involved with platform SW development.
You will also be involved in hands-on software feature set design, implementation, and integration with the entire protocol stack. The Stack is complex and your ability to grasp the overall architecture and dig into other software components will assist you to guide the team to debug and pin-point issues found during integration process and after. You will be also discussing and agreeing on APIs and software implementation with the System architects, analyzing performance, making sure functions conforms to the specifications and meet the KPIs.
Your background in the wireless space, and specifically cellular, provides you the ability to read and interpret detailed specifications and standards (such as 3GPP), as well as test and qualification documents.
The platform you will be working is on Altair's newest chipset, designed especially for the IoT market, highly integrated and consuming super low power. The embedded code you will develop will drive new and exciting products for the internet of things era!
- Development, integration and unit-level testing of new functions in LTE protocol stack
- Programming in C code under RTOS environment for standard RISC
- Defining software APIs with lower (PHY) and upper layers of the software
- Identifying and debugging issues at the system level
- BSC or MSC in computer science or applied mathematics or electrical engineering from leading university
- At least 7 years' experience in 3GPP Protocol Stack development of cellular modems (2G/3G/4G/5G), either data plane, control plane (signalling) or both (preferred). Hands on experience in development of MAC, RLC (data plane) and/or RRC, NAS (control plane)
- Experience in mapping 3GPP and ETSI cellular specs and/or other standards (like OMA) into software requirements and detailed design
- Experience in developing real time embedded software systems for standard RISC (ARM, MIPS, ARC or other CPUs)
- Excellent engineering skills - problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view - must
- Experience in platform software development, IC accelerators, boot sequence, HW interface - advantage
- Experience in Python script language development.
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
- Willingness to travel occasionally
If you believe that our customer Altair Semiconductor and the position that they are offering is made for you, please leave your CV and application as soon as possible. We start the interviews straight away when the potential candidates apply. If you have any questions concerning this position, feel free to contact us in Sharper. For more information, contact Consultant Manager Saara Niskanen +358 50 467 5319 (Monday-Friday 8.00-16.00).
Alternatively, you may contact Head of Altair Semiconductor Finland, Markku Hiltunen, on Thursdays and Fridays 9 am to 11 am, on +358 40 543 1752.
|Yhteystiedot||For more information, contact Consultant Manager Saara Niskanen +358 50 467 5319 (Monday-Friday 8.00-16.00).|
|Työpaikan osoite||Hallituskatu 13-17 E 46, 90100 OULU|
|Työkokemus||yli 5 vuotta|
|Työ alkaa||Mahdollisimman pian|
|Työn kesto||yli 12 kuukautta|
|Haku päättyy||28.02.2018 klo 23:59|