The Humanitarian Logistics and Supply Chain Research Institute (HUMLOG Institute) at Hanken School of Economics, is looking for a part-time administrative assistant for the period 1 Sep to 31 Dec 2020, with possibility of extension. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for general administrative support of the daily operations of the institute.
The HUMLOG Institute acts as a focal point for researchers and partly for practitioners in Humanitarian Logistics to conduct high-quality research on logistics and supply chain management in humanitarian and development context. Our aim is to conduct empirically grounded research in the area of humanitarian logistics, specifically within disaster preparedness, response, and recovery with the intention of influencing future activities in a way that will provide measurable benefits to persons requiring assistance. See http://www.hanken.fi/humloginstitute
Some of the duties of the administrative assistant include:
- Administrative support on diary management, as well as budgeting
- Assistance on the planning of the Institute's calendar (arrange meetings, events, seminars, etc.) as well as incoming visitors (Fellowships program, Associates, guest lecturers, etc.)
- Assistance with course development, particularly the course Företagslogistik (in Swedish)
- Assistance with communication to current and potential future students in the HUMLOG track
- Update and development of the Institute's web page and the subject's web page both in English and Swedish
- Stakeholder communication: with external stakeholders in Finland (in Finnish and Swedish) and internal stakeholders at Hanken (in Swedish)
- Manage the Institute's media communication (with traditional as well as through social media, humlog newsletter), among others.
We are looking for a well-organized, dynamic team player with excellent interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate written and orally in a professional manner. The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to handle multiple projects and requests from multiple researchers simultaneously with accuracy, and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines. The administrative assistant must also demonstrate the ability to work well on a diverse, multi-cultural and collaborative environment.
To be eligible, the candidates are required to
- hold a bachelor's degree and preferably be enrolled in a Master's program (preferably in Logistics, SCM or related areas),
- have an excellent command of written and spoken English, Swedish and Finnish to be able to assist with both internal and external communication,
- be competent in standard software packages e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, as well as social media.
Familiarity with our education programmes in Supply Chain Management and Social Responsibility, our projects at the HUMLOG Institute, and the Hanken systems are considered a plus.
We offer a fair, well-functioning and stimulating work environment that supports the competence development of its staff and provides the best possible prerequisites for the employees to fulfil their duties. You will benefit from and contribute to a thriving scientific environment at a triple-crown accredited business school (AACSB, EQUIS AMBA).
The position as administrative assistant is placed on demand level 5 - 6 in the university salary system. The total salary (full-time) is 2297 - 2427 depending on merits and experience. Trial period will be one month. Applicants are expected to submit their CV, motivation letter and language certificates (if available) to Hanken's recruitment database Laura no later than Aug 8, 2020.
Enquiries about the position can be directed at the HUMLOG Institute's deputy Director Dr. Diego Vega at email@example.com