Packaging Engineer; Salo/Uusikaupunki, Finland
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 5.000 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering - paired with outstanding manufacturing competence - we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our new Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
In this position you will work with suppliers, manufacturing, logistics, and other internal teams to ensure that packaging is suitable for use and cost-efficient. You will oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing. Work includes close co-operation with packaging manufacturers and customer as well as other shareholders. You will participate to projects and plan, maintain and track project development and report as required in order to ensure that project is completed on time and according to targets to support production on behalf of packaging design.
We expect you to have
- At least BBA degree or graduate in mechanical or packaging engineering, industrial design or related field and/or previous work experience
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Systematical, analytical and solution-oriented working method
- Excellent interaction, presentation, documentation and planning skills
- Understanding the entire design process from concept phase to prototype, testing, and production
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements, and types of materials required for packaging
- Advanced skills with MS Office programs as well as design software, e.g. CAD/SolidWorks
- Fluent written and spoken Finnish and English is required, additionally German skills are an asset
- Location Salo or Uusikaupunki
This is a most thrilling and responsible position in our new EV Systems business line, working one of our strategically most important topics - battery systems for e-mobility. You will be part of Valmet Automotive and part of building the future of automotive mobility and future oriented industrial solutions. Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an internal footprint and an environment which enables employees to go to forward and succeed with theirs jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world's most significant car builders meets up the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work-life balance and a feeling of creating something new.
Senior Logistics Manager
+358 50 317 3449
15th of October 3 - 4 PM
21st of October 3 - 4 PM
Please send your application by 25.10.2020.